"National Personnel Records Center"
"Where it is kept"
When trying to locate your records you can write below. This is the National Archives and they are all there, regardless of branch of service.
The National Personnel Records Center
Military Personnel Records
9700 Page Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63132-5100
Telephone 314-801-0800
Fax 314-801-9195

The easiest thing to do. Write a letter to the above address. If you have a way to fax, do that, it saves 3 or 4 days at least. In the letter state that it is your own records you are requesting. Tell them how many tours you spent in the Marines and what years. Give them your SS# and Service Number. Tell them your last rank and that you were USMC. Tell them you would like all files for each tour you spent in the Marines. Lastly, type your name and full address on the bottom of the letter and sign it in cursive, in ink. No cursive signature, no records. Who knows why but that's a federal law. So, sign it, mail or fax it and wait about 3 weeks if all goes well.

Click If You Followed A Link Here